Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Themed Dinner

Traditions mean a lot to me.  I love starting them and continuing them.  Christmas is a great time to have traditions. The last several years we have taken Ava Christmas caroling.  She loves going house to house singing for our friends and handing out their goodie box.  The first year we took her she was so little and I loved seeing her face light up, she was singing and smiling at the same time.  Every year after that we have gone caroling.  We do the normal traditions of making gingerbread houses, decorating cookies and this year we added in our elf on the shelf, Si.  The girls love looking for him each morning.  Christmas morning is spent just the four of us, in our home.  After presents we eat a big breakfast then we head out and make our Christmas stops.  Joe and I love getting everything set out the night before and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve because I am so excited for the next morning.  Having kids and watching Christmas thru their eyes is amazing. Last week the girls and I started a new tradition.  It was our Christmas themed dinner. 

The menu: Snowman Pizza

(he was a smidgen browned... lost track of time)
 
 
(Christmas Tree Brownies)
 
(Grinch Punch)
(Lime Sherbet, Sprite, little green food coloring.  Blended up)
 
 
While we were drinking our Grinch punch we watched (of course) How the Grinch stole Christmas. 
The girls had a fantastic time, we turned on Christmas music while making the pizza and I can honestly say it was one of the best nights I have had with them.  Cant wait to do it again next year.... WITH DADDY!!!  The traditions continue....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy your family~

No comments:

Post a Comment