Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Week

When I think of all the things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving, my list is endless. 

My husband.  He is my life, my everything and spending this holiday without him is only making me more thankful for him.  I miss him and now that he is gone I realize how much of the little things and day to day things we take for granted when he is home.  I can not wait until he is home and I can wrap my arms around him and not let go for hours.  I am thankful for his job and as I've said before I am grateful and honored to be his wife. 

My dad, the other man in my life who I love deeply. 

Mom.  My counselor, my "dr mom" and my best friend.  I love her and I am beyond thankful for her.

My sister, Brother-in-law and my nephews.  Thank you for the dinners and for keeping me company these last 8 weeks with many more to come.  Thank you to my 'rent-a-husband' for coming over to set up my Christmas tree, fix my laptop and my shower doors... the list goes on and on... Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to come help me. 

I am thankful for my Aunt, Uncle and my two cousins.  Thank you for watching over us and making sure we are alright.  Thank you for bringing dinners over, countless texts when the kids are ill and for just being there for me.  Your love and support mean a lot to me and to Joe.  I am thankful for our growing relationship and for the friendship that has happened. 

I am thankful for technology. I am thankful for Iphones and FaceTime.  I am thankful that I have only gone 2-3 nights without being able to FaceTime Joe. 

I am thankful for all my other family and friends who have called or text me.  Emailed, texted Joe, mailed him letters, cards and goodie boxes.  Thank you everyone for loving Joe and for loving my family. I love you all. 

Everyone please think about what Thanksgiving is really about.  Be thankful for your family and your husbands. In honor of me please hug/kiss your husbands tomorrow because there is no one else I would rather see tomorrow.



Enjoy your family~















No comments:

Post a Comment