I never got their names and I never gave them a proper 'thank you' for being in my life at the right time. They may not know it but they blessed me and I am thankful for them. I know they will never read this but I just wanted to put it out there:
Starting from the beginning:
I want to thank whoever the anesthesiologist was on duty at St. Francis hospital that cold day in February 2006 when I was there having my first child. It was a man and I wish I would have remembered his name and was able to send him a Thank you card. The drugs got the best of me and I forgot his name. So, to him I say Thank you for being patient with me, checking and double checking to make sure I was comfortable. Thank you for adjusting my oxygen tubes when they were pinching my nostrils and Thank you for taking the time to explain everything the Dr. was doing and for rubbing my shoulder's to calm me down. Thank you for reassuring me that I was doing great and Thank you for announcing the time of birth of my daughter in my ear. Thank you for staying beside me even after Ava was born when Joe went to look at his daughter. Thank you for loving your job. I could tell you loved what you did and it made those stressful moments and little less stressful. Thank you Dr. anesthesiologist man.
Thank you to the Highway patrolman who pulled me over on the Creek Turnpike after I was speeding on my way to seeing my parents. Thank you for only the warning you gave me even though I was going over 10 miles over AND I did not have my updated insurance cards in the car. I could have gotten in uber trouble and I know I found favor when you came back to my window and said that the insurance thing can just be between us and to print out the current insurance when I returned home. This was the first time I was pulled over with the girls in my car and I also want to say Thank you for taking the time to talk with them and ask them questions about their day. It made them less frightened of the entire concept on a police man and I just want to say Thank you. To this day, the second I receive my insurance card in the mail, I stick it in my glove box. Thank you for blessing me that day Mr. Highway patrolman.
Lastly, Thank you to the family of four but more importantly the husband and dad of that family who pulled me from Joe's truck when it was totaled in the ditch. March 28, 2009 there was a freak snowstorm and stupid me decided to go ahead and drive to work and doubly stupid me I decided to drive a truck. I remember fishtailing, and remember over correcting, I remember thinking I'm going to crash, I remember the impact, looking around the truck shocked and shaken. After looking at the passenger side I remember I was SO THANKFUL that Ava was not in the car because that was the side she sat on and he legs would have been crushed or something even worse could have happened. I was thankful that I wasn't on the passenger side because there was basically no passenger side left. It as crushed in. I had to find my phone to call Joe and by the time I shifted thru all the glass to find it there was a knock on the driver side window. It was the dad of that family. They were traveling in the opposite direction and they saw the crash happen. He asked if I was alright and amazingly I was other than my side hurting a little. The door wouldn't open and the window would only go down a little so he asked me to climb out the window if I could. Electrical wires had fallen due to the impact and he was very cautious of those when helping me out the window. He took me to his car where his family was waiting and went back to the truck to retrieve my purse. He called 911 and soon after the firetruck and Joe arrived he left with his family. Thank you sir for stopping and for helping me. It meant a lot to me and to my family. At the time, I was shaken and emotional and I wasn't able to get your name and I was never able to Thank you properly.
No comments:
Post a Comment