The day has come. The day has gone. The day was hard. Extremely, extremely hard. I didn't want to let go of him when it was time for the final hug. I wanted to hang on for hours and hours but I knew I couldn't. I wanted to sneak him out of the airport and return home with him. I am proud and honored to be his wife. Deployments are hard but there is also a sense of strength I feel with each passing day. The feeling of 'I can do this. I will do this. I am doing this. I am proud of myself.' Right now I'm taking it day by day.
Thank you everyone for all their prayers and support during this time. The car ride back from the airport was pretty raw. There I was in the front seat crying, Ava was in the back seat crying and Emma was patting Ava's shoulder trying to comfort her. Once I made it to a place I could safely pull over, I stopped the car, opened Ava's door, bent down and gave her a big long hug. We spent the afternoon at my parents and besides the breakdown I had in my mom and dad's arms, I didn't cry the rest of the day. I could feel everyone's prayers over me and it was comforting.
Joe will still be in the US for a few weeks for some training before he heads overseas. We are able to video chat with him each night before the girls go to bed. It's making it a smoother transition for my girls. Thank you again for everyone's continued thought and prayers. I truly appreciate it.
Enjoy your family~
No comments:
Post a Comment