Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hey, Look here Jack!

There are a lot of shows that Joe watches that I am not too interested in.  Many nights I half-hear the shows "How its made," "Flying Wild Alaska," The Haney Project" or "Storage Wars" in the background as I clean dishes or am packing lunches but when he started watching a show called "Duck Dynasty" I couldn't take my eyes away.  I missed the first several shows of season one but by the end of the season I was hooked.  I am no hunter.  I do not like dirt. I do not like nature, snakes, bugs, squirrels or anything to do with getting dirty.  I am a city girl, a 'yuppie' if you will... so why I got hooked on this show is beyond me.  I started seeing their strong family values and their strong faith in God and it also didn't hurt that they are hilarious to watch.  Their family dynamic is great and you can tell they love each other and that God plays a huge part in their family life and also in their Duck Commander company. 

Just this past week I have watched testimonies from Phil, Willie and Jase Robertson.  During Willie's speech he read 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 and even though I have heard that passage hundreds of times; when I heard it this time something clicked.  I got something different out of it.  This morning I woke up and I feel different. I need to remember and start living this verse. Many nights I go to bed regretting the day and my attitude, thankful that 'tomorrow will be a new day.' I am tired of feeling that way by the end of the day but today is different. 

Love it patient.   (Have more patience with my kids. Have more patience with life, people and things in general)

Love it kind. (Soften my voice, speak gentler, especially to my kids)

It does not envy. (Be happy for other's when they have success)

It does not boast, it is not proud.

It does not dishonor others.

It is not self-seeking.

It is not easily angered ( This is a big one for me.  I don't have a lot of patience and things small and large irritate me.  I need to chill- take a breath- and especially if its out of my control I need to rise above it and forget about it. I have a quick temper and I need to speak this part of the verse over and over.)

It keeps no records of wrongs ( forgive. forgive. forgive.)

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects.

Always trusts.

Always hopes and always perseveres. 

Today is a new day.  Today I am changing the way I speak and act towards others.




Enjoy your family~

No comments:

Post a Comment